Why Become a Member?
Becoming a member of the Green Builder® Coalition gives you access to a determined network of like-minded home builders, building professionals, and related businesses eager to combine voices and create forward progress in the area of sustainable, healthy home building.
- To be part of the Community dedicated to advancing green building practices and innovation
- To Extend Your Voice and drive widespread adoption of new, achievable green building codes, standards and policies
- To Network and Partner with like-minded green builders, professionals, suppliers and policy advocates
- To Learn about today’s smartest developments, technologies and quickly evolving best practices in the area of healthy, resource-efficient building
Annual membership fees are just $300 per person and student memberships are available at $25 for university, college, vocational and high school students. Join today!
- Watchdog initiatives to monitor new products & technologies, and ensure proper implementation of green building legislation, codes & mandates
- Targeted outreach to state and national policy makers
- Tools to help with your advocacy efforts at the State level
- Access to exclusive networking events
- Tradeshow events & related on-site gatherings
- Member discounts on Green Builder® College tuition, including continuing education, certifications, and self-paced learning programs
- Free Quarterly Industry Report, which examines state & national codes, regulations, & programs
- Complementary subscription to Green Builder® Magazine
- Free Technical Assistance to incorporate sustainable products & technologies
- Bi-Monthly e-Newsletter with job postings
Keeping members up-to-date on industry news is an expected and necessary activity of any association. To that end, the Coalition has an agreement in place with Green Builder® Media to provide complimentary subscriptions to Coalition members.
The magazine has a readership of over 200,000 of the most active and influential building professionals in the country. Green Builder® Magazine is the most widely-read homebuilding periodical in the United States, and focuses exclusively on disseminating information about green building and sustainable practices to a national audience.
Have you ever been in the middle of a design meeting and had no idea what your client meant when they wanted a home certified with Energy Star IAP? How about when they ask you if geothermal will work for their home?
Like the various standards to which a structure can be built, there are various ways that products and technology can be incorporated into a project. This means that a “one size fits all” approach to answering questions won’t help you achieve your sustainable goals.
A product or technology that is appropriate in one climate zone may be a complete dismal failure in another. But how would you know? Let us assist you in finding out! Our intention is to help reduce the hurdles or obstacles you might face when trying to adopt sustainable products and technologies. By presenting verifiable, unbiased information, we aim to provide the unique feedback you need to design, build or develop a more sustainable future. Whether you’re evaluating options for your next structure, or simply curious about a particular topic, the Coalition is here for you. Please submit your question to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Green Builder® College is the first online training program to offer certification and continuing education to professionals in the residential building market. This educational platform satisfies a growing need for unbiased information on sustainable development. The program currently includes the Green Builder® Certification program, Houses That Work and Environments for Living. By taking classes through Green Builder® College, you can earn continuing education credits, providing an ongoing source of professional development.
Members of the Green Builder® Coalition receive a $150 discount on each of the above-mentioned curriculums. Combined, that's a savings of $450.
The Green Builder® Coalition staff produces a quarterly building industry report. This document reviews codes and regulations on a state and national level. In each issue, one state gets the spotlight treatment. The report also takes an in-depth look into other noteworthy programs that shape the sustainable building industry. Past topics have included the Green MLS, CalGreen and the International Green Construction Code. This quality publication is published and distributed to the members at no additional cost.
To join the Green Builder® Coalition, please click here.
More to Come...
The Green Builder® Coalition is a nonprofit, tax-exempt 501(c)(6) advocacy/trade association that is actively engaged in lobbying federal, state and local governments on behalf of the green building community. Amounts paid to the Coalition are not deductible as charitable contributions, but may be deductible as an ordinary and necessary business expense, subject to exclusion for lobbying activity. In 2012, no portion of our members’ dues was used for lobbying. Therefore, 100% of any dues payment may be deductible as an ordinary and necessary business expense. It is important to check with your accountant, lawyer or tax professional to seek specific advice. Green Builder® Coalition does not provide legal or accounting advice.